Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Link.....



Ah! You DID take the link. And here you are. Good for you. Because you just saw what words can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use them. I’m not referring to me, of course. I can barely spell. I stole borrowed this example from a blog on marketing I ran across in Writer’s Digest. I was amazed how well it worked. I followed the link and Surprise! there was the sentence that told me they were expecting me. I had to smile, because I'd been had. They knew me better than I knew myself.

But that’s just it, isn’t it? They don’t know me at all. What they know is human nature, and what makes people tick. In essence, it’s the Who What Where When Why—and sometimes How that make folks do what they do. It’s curiosity that drives us, the ever present thirst for knowledge, to know something the other guy does not; to see what’s on the other side of the Looking Glass, or down the untraveled fork in the road, or under your bed at night.

So in my continuing search for said knowledge, I spoke with a friend of mine tonight about a more effective way to market myself, and in essence, the novel. I mentioned this blog, and that its readership comes from all over the world and numbers in the thousands, yet it gets virtually NO comments or questions or feedback of any kind. So I asked one of the “W” words.

Why?

He asked me if I tried closing the blog with a question, so I’m asking anyone and everyone who reads this blog….

How will asking a question generate comments?
Any takers?

Best Regards,

DB 

Website - www.dbcorey.com
Twitter - DB Corey
DB Corey on Facebook - tinyurl.com/mltv6rs 
DB Corey Author FB site bit.ly/DBCorey-Author
DB Corey on LinkIn - tinyurl.com/oftk7do
Meet Myster Write on Facebook – www.facebook.com/MeetMysterWrite


5 comments:

  1. I think asking questions are a good thing but I think the more interactive you are with the readers, fans, or just people curious enough to click the link; is what will make people leave comments. Or you could have a hundred more of me; because I'm just to darn curious....they used to call that being nosey, to let a good blog slip past me without reading it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I think asking for readers' opinions might get comments if its something they care about. The challenge is knowing what those things might be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Veteran's Day, D.B. and thanks for your service!

    PS - asking questions nudges people to answer if they're so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ... but am I asking the RIGHT questions?
      Thanks KR, but my service was a looooooog time ago.
      You are too kind.

      Delete