Saturday, October 12, 2013

Words: The Who What Where When & Why


I’m nearly through the first draft of my second novel, and I’m just now beginning to realize the power of words; how some words wield a power all their own, and how in certain circumstances, only a specific word will do. We write emotions, or actions, or states of being, and we agonize over using the word we know is there, but can’t remember.  I’ve spent far too much time trying to bring to mind the perfect word for a sentence of five words or less. Words are powerful, and if you know how to use them, you can command great power.

When you take this link you’ll learn the secret of What it takes to drive THOUSANDS to your site! Who doesn’t want to sell more books? Learn Why this works and Where you can get it! You will learn How to generate more sales!

Did you follow the link? Because if you did, you just saw what words can do in the hands of someone who knows how to use them. I’m not referring to me, of course. I can barely spell. I stole borrowed this example from a blog on marketing I ran across in Writer’s Digest. I was amazed how well it worked. I followed the link and Surprise! there was the sentence that told me they were expecting me. I had to smile, because I'd been had. They knew me better than I knew myself.

But that’s just it, isn’t it? They don’t know me at all. What they know is human nature, and what makes people tick. In essence, it’s the Who What Where When Why—and sometimes How that make folks do what they do. It’s curiosity that drives us, the ever present thirst for knowledge, to know something the other guy does not; to see what’s on the other side of the Looking Glass, or down the untraveled fork in the road, or under your bed at night.

So in my continuing search for said knowledge, I spoke with a friend of mine tonight about a more effective way to market myself, and in essence, the novel. I mentioned this blog, and that its readership comes from all over the world and numbers in the thousands, yet it gets virtually NO comments or questions or feedback of any kind. So I asked one of the “W” words. 

Why?

He asked me if I tried closing the blog with a question, so I’m asking anyone and everyone who reads this blog….

How will asking a question generate comments?
Any takers?

Best Regards,
DB 

If you enjoyed this post, please Share with your friends.
Connect with me on Social Media, and if you have a comment, please leave it here.
I’d love to see it.

Website - www.dbcorey.com
Twitter - DB Corey
DB Corey on Facebook - tinyurl.com/mltv6rs 
DB Corey Author FB site bit.ly/DBCorey-Author
DB Corey on LinkIn - tinyurl.com/oftk7do
Meet Myster Write on Facebook – www.facebook.com/MeetMysterWrite



No comments:

Post a Comment